Sumang Walk EC by CDL – The only Executive Condo in 2019
The Sumang Walk EC* will be the only EC 2019, expected to launch in mid-2019. In this review, I will show you some facts and analysis. Please follow Quick Links or feel free to contact us for latest movement or register your interest.
*Since CDL has not announced its formal name, I will just call it Sumang Walk EC or Sumang EC in this post.
Sumang Walk EC Overview
The one and only EC launch in 2019 is coming soon. Jointly developed by renowned CDL and TID, this yet to be named EC (tentatively known as Sumang Walk EC) is located at Sumang Walk, along Punggol Waterway and a stone’s throw away from Punggol MRT/LRT/Waterway Point.
For up-to-date information such as price and floor plan, please visit & bookmark the designated website @Sumang Walk EC.
Reasons why you should consider Sumang Walk EC
1. Sumang Walk EC is located at the heart of upcoming Punggol Digital District, a vision of Singapore’s Smart Nation effort, from 2023.
2. It's within walking distance to Punggol Waterway Point Mall & Punggol MRT.
3. Residents get to enjoy a vibrant living environment with 4.2km long waterway offering greenery, promenades and various outdoor activities.
4. It is the only EC new launch in 2019, a definite investment for people who desires living in private apartment at the same time enjoy huge potential upside when MOP.
*This section will be updated when more information about Sumang EC becomes available.
Bordered by Sumang Link/Walk and Punggol Way, and with Punggol Waterway at its doorstep, Sumang Walk EC is the only EC development nearest to Punggol MRT/Waterway Point.
Getting to Sumang Link EC is also very easy. Motorists can reach the development from TPE via Punggol Way exit. Commuters only have to transfer from MRT to LRT at Punggol and alight either at Sumang or Nibong, as the EC is located between these 2 stations.
- Punggol MRT (NE17) 550m
- Sumang LRT 100m
- Bus Stops
- Soo Teck STN (65141) (590m) Services: 43
- Punggol Interchange (65009) (800m) Services: 3, 34, 43, 50, 62, 82, 83, 84, 85, 85X, 119, 136
- TPE (1.88km)
Within minutes of driving/walking/LRT ride, residents living in this EC can get to access the many amenities that Punggol offers.
Punggol MRT/LRT/Waterway Point is the major landmark of Punggol, with Punggol Temporary Bus Interchange on the opposite side of Punggol Central.
The only large-scale shopping mall, Waterway Point, has major tenants including H&M, Best Denki, FairPrice Finest and Shaw Theatres. Many of its restaurants are facing Punggol Waterway, giving diners a picturesque dining experience. When Punggol gets even more developed, Waterway Point will be complemented by a mixed development building that includes the future Punggol Bus Interchange.
There are no lack of amenities nearby too. Punggol Cove Primary and pre-school My First Sokol is just across the road at Sumang Link. Popular supermarket retailer Sheng Siong is also at Sumang Link.
More than 10 primary schools are located within a two kilometre radius of the site, including the popular Mee Toh School and Horizon Primary School.
Heading north from Sumang Walk EC, your weekends are covered with recreational facilities Marina Country Club at Northshore and Safra Punggol at Sentul Crescent. Travelling even further will lead you to Punggol Road End, formerly a seafood haunt in the 1980s and early 1990s. It now has horse-riding facility, cycling facility at Punggol Jetty and Punggol Settlement. Punggol Promenade now forms part of the coastline and this is the only route that leads to Coney Island (west entrance).
Nearer home, the 4.2km Punggol Waterway is right at the doorstep. Something good for cyclists is that the park connector connects Punggol Waterway to Punggol Park in Hougang and Sengkang Riverside Park in Anchorvale.
Sumang Walk EC is also near Seletar Aerospace Park and Seletar Airport. Seletar Aerospace Park, not only houses global aviation companies including Bombardier and Rolls Royce, is also a superb hideaway hangout where black-and-white colonial houses and Wheeler’s Estate can be found.
Set to be double the size of Ang Mo Kio when fully developed, Punggol has yet to display its full potential, but not for long. Come 2023, the first phase of Punggol Digital District will be ready to welcome tech and innovation companies who wants to ride on the Smart Nation initiative. Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) will also open its campus within the district at Ponggol Seventeenth Avenue.
Currently a terminus, Punggol MRT connects commuters to 15 NEL stations including interchanges at Serangoon, Little India, Dhoby Ghaut and Outram Park. By 2023, Punggol MRT is only a station away from the new terminus, Punggol Coast, linking commuters to the newly developed Punggol Innovation District, new SIT campus and the existing Punggol Settlement. In the foreseeable future, Punggol MRT will become an interchange when CRL opens its link between Punggol, Pasir Ris and Changi Airport T5.
The expansive 291,235 square feet (sq ft) Sumang site has a plot ratio of 3.0.
According to CDL group CEO Mr Sherman Kwek,
Punggol, slated to be singapore’s first digital district, has an exciting future and we believe this will make the site very compelling to home buyers. It is also very close to LRT and MRT stations as well as a bus interchange, which is hard to come by for an EC project. Being right next to my Waterway@Punggol, the site also offers the opportunity to create a landmark waterfront residence with pleasant views.
To maximise the scenic views, CDL will orient windows towards Punggol Reservoir and My Waterway@Punggol. The sizable land area will also allow for generous landscaping.
Below - Sumang EC showflat is in construction.
Opposite to the upcoming Sumang EC, there are 3 blocks of HDB as part of Waterway Cascadia - 316A, 316B, and 316C. Each block has 3 different heights, 8, 13, and 18 storeys. Since Sumang Walk EC is going to have 10 to 17 storeys, the blocks in the middle of the Sumang site & above 7th floor will have better view than the rest, whereas some blocks will be facing the 18-storey HDB.
|Project Details||Sumang Walk EC|
|Location||Sumang Walk in Punggol|
|Developer||CDL Constellation Pte Ltd|
|Site Area||291, 235 sq ft / 27,057 sqm|
|No. of Blocks||13 blocks|
|No. of Storeys||10 to 17 storeys|
|Payment Scheme||Normal Progressive|
|Site Use||Residential Flat Developement|
|Tenure||99 years leasehold|
|Total No. of Units||820 Units|
|No. of Car Park Lots||Basement carpark|
|Expected Date of TOP||Est. 2022 - 2023|
|Expected Date of Legal Completion||Est. 2025 - 2026|
|Security||24 Hours Security Guard|
Sumang Walk EC Price, Unit Types, Sizes
|Bedroom Type||No of Units||Size||Price|
|1 Bedroom + Study|
|2 Bedroom + Study|
|3 Bedroom + Study|
*Estimated. Subject to change.
Sumang Walk EC Floor Plan
To be updated once the Sumang EC floor plan becomes available. Stay tuned.
Sumang Walk EC Price Comparison
Sumang Walk EC sits an area of 291,235 square feet (sq ft) and has a plot ratio of 3.0. With the top bid of S$509.37 million, it works out to a record to S$583 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr). It is estimated the breakeven cost at close to S$1,000 psf. Sumang Walk EC launch price may range from about $1,100 to about $1,200.
Some thoughts on Sumang Walk EC
1. Punggol, the furthest estate in the northeast, is separated from Pasir Gudang, Johor by the Straits of Johor. As Pasir Gudang is the industrial area of Johor, people living in Punggol are occasionally the first in Singapore to be exposed to unpleasant smells coming from factories over there.
2. Seletar North Link, albeit a longer route to Seletar Aerospace Park and Yishun, is actually a better alternative than using TPE. Motorists can avoid heavy traffic, especially during morning peak, and also at the same time enjoy scenic views of Seletar Dam and Seletar Island.
3. There will be future chinese temple beside the Sumang Walk EC site. Small scale though, it may still pose some issues with religious or fengshui sensitive buyers.
4. The most popular Mee Toh School is not within 1km radius.
newlaunchguru.sg will continuously update this review. Keep in touch for the latest movement!
Register for VVIP Preview
By filling the non-obligation request for VVIP Preview form below, you will have the Exclusive Privileges to the following:
- Obtain Attractive VVIP Preview Discount Directly from Developer.
- Receive Complete Set of E-Brochure and Floor Plans.
- Get the Market Analysis Report.
- Receive the Latest Pricing, First-Hand Update of Preview Discount Scheme.
- Be Early Bird Buyer to Select Your Preferred Unit(s).